Sunday, February 19, 2012

February is almost over!!

I can't believe tomorrow is the 20th of February:)  It has flown by...the past week was one tough week for the Connolly's.  Lats Friday, I went to Hawkeye CC for UNI with my Intern.  We headed back and I commented that my back hurt a bit.  Little did I know that it was only the beginning.  I was prepping a program with my supervisor for one of our largest visit days (Up Close...this past Friday) and I told her that I was going to have to call the doctor...I had never had a pulled muscle hurt this bad.  By the time I called...I was in tears.  They told me to head over to labor and delivery to be sure...I went to tell Amy...and was pretty much convulsing in pain!  It was sooo embarrassing...but I work with such great people...everyone was awesome.  Everyone helped me to my car and Amy and I headed off.  Checked in...and they were pretty sure it was kidney stones.  Now...I have had one baby and ran two marathons (26.2 miles apiece...) but I have never in my life experienced pain like this!  Someone got a hold of Scott...my phone was still on my desk at work.  My mom headed over and Noah was going to be with my dad.  Scott was playing in a mat ball tournament and I didn't want him to miss...and...while I almost 30...I really wanted my mom:)  They got me started on morphine and fluids and kept checking the baby.  This baby is a mover and a shaker...they finally had to take the monitor off b/c he/she was moving so much!!  Scott got there and it was a looonnnnnggg night.  I finally passed one Saturday morning and they sent me home around 2pmsh.  Our parents took turns with Noah and we were all home on Saturday night.  I was still in a lot of pain Sunday and Monday.  Went to work for an hour on Monday...and came home.  Not to be gross...but being on Vicadin does not help in the bathroom department...so I quit taking it at 6:30am...but by 8pm...I was in tears.  Scott convinced me to take another one...and then I passed another stone at home!  It was instant relief.  I went to work Tuesday morning and the doctor.  With such a big week...I needed to get some work done.  We have such great friends who brought supper and checked in on us.  What a blessing!  It was a very long week and we are still exhausted...but Up Close went great and we are hopefully on the mend! 

Quick Noah update...he is still potty training like a champ!!!!!!!!